Sitemeter

Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Marsh Wren!

This morning’s cloud and showers resulted on a fresh coating of snow on the surrounding hills…

Snowy Mountain

there were a few ducks in this area…Mallard and Green Wing Teal…

Feb16'11 003

and this female Goldeneye – I think Common Goldeneye as they have dark bills while the female Barrow’s bill is mainly yellow.

Mt. Woodside

Mt. Woodside also sported a white top…

Junco

Dark Eyed Junco were in the bushes along with the usual Chickadee’s, Golden Crowned Kinglets, Song Sparrow and Towhee.  For a change there was no activity over at the log bay…by the time we were headed for home the clouds had dissipated and the sun was shining..

Female Common Merganser

this female Common Merganser was sitting on the shore soaking up the warmth…

On the way over I had spotted a little brown bird that I thought was a Marsh Wren…but lost it in the vegetation….on the way back I heard it’s unmistakable song…in fact I think there may have been as many as 3 as song was coming from several directions.

Marsh Wren singing

The above file photo is of a Marsh Wren and was taken at Tunkwa Lake Provincial Park.  I know that I have heard Marsh Wren here on the estuary as early as mid February other years as well.

1 comment:

  1. I love your images and your photographer's playground. Looks like heaven on earth.

    Daniel

    Explore. Dream. Discover.
    http://daniels-view.blogspot.com/
    --

    ReplyDelete