Sitemeter

Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Test the new camera day….

Not a bad day today…there has been a high overcast creating a sort of dilute sunshine…so figured it was now or never to give the new camera a test…

April 20, 2011

Started off with this shot taken at the same general location of the picture I threw in at the end of yesterdays posting…the one showing where water levels probably should be by this time of the year…and this one showing where they are this year…

log bay

All was quiet over at the log bay…no shorebirds, no ducks, lot’s of Tree Swallows…in fact it was pretty quiet throughout the park…the birds were there, they were just sticking to the underbrush…

didn't work

Finally spotted a robin with a mouthful of nesting material…but couldn’t get the camera to focus on it..the background is nice and clear!  All of these cameras are slightly different as far as finding the trick to focusing through vegetation…

Robin

had better luck with this American Robin on the ground!

Spotted a few Ruby Crowned Kinglets, and a male Rufous Hummingbird, heard a Common Yellow Throat….but the only picture we managed was…

Chickadee excavating

of one of those industrious Black Capped Chickadees – still busy excavating that nesting site.

All of these pictures, by the way, are exactly as they came from the camera no cropping at all like I usually do – in fact I usually have cropped the pictures twice before I post them.  This camera is a Nikon Coolpix P500 with 12.1 megapixels and 36 x optical zoom.  It also takes HD video…something I’ve never attempted but guess I will have to try.

When I got home I thought I’d try out the ‘macro’ ….

Hellebore

not bad at all!  I guess it’ll do ~ at least as soon as I figure out how to make it focus on the bird and not the branch!

No comments:

Post a Comment