Sitemeter

Thursday, February 16, 2012

Damp day

Didn’t bother taking any scenery pictures today because it looks just like it has the last few days, only wetter….

Eagle pair

Nothing very note worthy to report either.  The Bald Eagle pair were back in the ‘eagle’ tree by the viewing platform.  Red-wing Blackbirds were calling from several large deciduous trees in the adjacent housing developments, there were a few ducks, primarily Green-wing Teal….and that was about it.

Earlier in the day I had spotted this….

Coopers Hawk

I believe, Cooper’s Hawk….which could explain the lack of small bird activity as they would all be in hiding.  I did catch a glimpse of two Pacific Wren this morning, (used to be called ‘Winter’ Wren)….which only made me realize that it had been a long time since I’d seen or heard one, unusual as this is usually one of our most reliable winter time sightings.  There have been a lot of Pine Sisken coming to the feeders the last few days.

Tomorrow is the first of the bird count days so I’m hoping for a bit better weather and a few more birds! 

No comments:

Post a Comment