Sitemeter

Friday, August 17, 2012

Young Sapsucker…..

Has a very quick visit ….

Red-breasted Sapsucker

from this young Red-breasted Sapsucker this morning.  Was just lucky to look out at the right time!

receding water

It is another extremely warm day here today….as this heat wave intensifies…one thing it is really doing is drying up the water!  I might have been able to get to the point where I’d be able to see around the corner today, had there not been a boat tied up ~ as it was it was too darn hot to bother seeing if I could climb over ropes etc…

little fishes

while my dog paddled I saw a lot of little fish, of many sizes from the little guys not much more than and inch long in the above picture, to some up to 4 inches or so.  It was too hot for much of anything else to be around.  Did hear coyotes last night as things started to cool off – bet they’re happy to be getting some land back!

No comments:

Post a Comment