Sitemeter

Thursday, February 20, 2014

Hail.....

Another strange weather day.....


woke to a skiff of snow on the ground, then it hailed, and hailed, and hailed, we've had more hail in the past week or so than we normally get in a year.  Also saw a bit of sunshine.  There was not one single bird in this area when I was there today although I could hear a robin calling in the distance...


Varied Thrush continue to be seen in large numbers.....although not during my walk - this was the only one I saw.  There was a pair of Black-capped Chickadees as well, obviously starting to check out potential nest sites, something they tend to do for quite a long time before finally making their decision.


the only other bird I actually saw today, at least on my walk, was this Fox Sparrow.


I actually took this picture of a Spotted Towhee a couple of days ago but hadn't down loaded it until now.  

They are talking about the possibility of snow again for this coming weekend, so we shall see what happens.  No one has ever mentioned anything about all this hail we've been getting!

No comments:

Post a Comment