Sitemeter

Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Finches

Actually haven't been for my usual walk today, we opted to go over to Cheam Wetlands Regional Park for our main walk, but have been out enough to notice...


that more and more finches are showing up, not only Purple Finch like this guy.....


but also a number of House Finch....this one a male but a female wasn't far away.

My husband did get for a walk today and he noticed that some Violet-green Swallows have joined the Tree Swallows and one other note.....I think I had mentioned that I hadn't heard any Marsh Wren yet....well ....


they were definitely over at Cheam today...and then this evening I wandered down to the water in hopes that a shorebird might have shown up, and I heard a Marsh Wren off in the distance.  We never get many, at least in the area we can walk by, as the habitat isn't really suitable for them.  It is only when we can get out on the water that we can really see them here.

Not my favorite creature, but we also saw a garter snake today at Cheam, and a turtle...

No comments:

Post a Comment