Sitemeter

Saturday, December 12, 2015

Eagle eye and Tundras!

My little dog decided that we should go for a walk this morning while it was still dry....and I'm sure glad because what a great walk it was!


you can see it was snowing lightly on all the surrounding hills....if the weather network has the predications right we should be seeing that white stuff down here pretty soon.....speaking of 'white', notice the 2 white dots out there in the water....


here is one of them up close - Trumpeter Swans of course.


mentioned yesterday that the little Buffleheads were back...not a great photo but here is one of the males, there were a number of them on our return trip.


walking along the trail could see there were a number of Bald Eagles in the trees ahead....


sat on the bench for a while and just watched....notice the juvenile eagle on the piling...


not sure what was going on but the eagles were being very vocal with lots of coming and going.  Could hear there were swans in close so decided to walk out to the shoreline....


I thought that the juvenile eagle would take off as we approached but he didn't, he just sat there...


sure enough there was a family of Trumpeter Swans feeding just off the shore,  bunch of Mallard there as well... 

I've suspected all along that not only are there Trumpeter Swans out there....


but Tundra Swans as well and while I stood there watching this group which were a bit further out had a bit of a kerfuffle so I took some photos and after down loading them and zooming in I could see the bits of yellow at the base of the bills....definitely proving that I was right.

All the time this is going on and me and my dog are standing there....


this guy sat on his piling beside us, so close I could almost have reached out and touched him....of course....


if looks could kill........

No comments:

Post a Comment