Sitemeter

Sunday, November 27, 2016

Gloomy weekend

After such a nice day on Friday, the weekend was a bit of a let down.....


this was the scene mid-afternoon today when the rain stopped momentarily.....of course by the time I got to this point, it had started again....



looked in that direction and there was the little Trumpeter Swan family along with a whole lot of Common Mergansers.....at least 20 of them.


in the other direction was a collection of Tundra Swans.  The pictures I got aren't of high enough quality to crop in to show the yellow at the base of the bill....but they were definitely
Tundra....

In fact swans continue to be the main story in our area right now....


this is the only clear shot I got in the last couple of days....think I counted 30 Bald Eagles and there are close to that many swans, in fact I'd estimate about a hundred swans out there at the moment with most of them being Tundra Swans.

By the way, I've heard and seen pictures of a young Golden Eagle not to far from here, at the Deroche slough.  Going to have to see if we can find it.

No comments:

Post a Comment