Sitemeter

Thursday, December 1, 2016

Bohemian Waxwings!

With the last day of November being one of the wettest, darkest, most miserable days of the year it was a real treat to wake up to some sunshine this morning.


but what was even a bigger treat was spotting a couple of....


Bohemian Waxwings!  This is a species that we don't see here all that often...in fact I think it is 4 or 5 years since I've seen them here...at least to the point I could get a picture.  Thankfully they stayed put while I quickly fumbled my camera free and turned it on.  They did fly before I could get a picture of the two of them together.


they were feasting on these Rose hips.

Down at the estuary.....


the water is really dropping.  I think I could make it over to the park now, started to, but gave up trying to maneuver my little sidekick through all the dead salmon.  I will attempt it in the next day or two.  You can see there were a number of Bald Eagles in the eagle trees this morning....


and out there....think there are at least 33 in that picture.


tons of ducks too and was thrilled when I zoomed in on this to see some Northern Pintails there along with American Wigeon...had been wondering what happened to pintails this year.


still lots of swans out there too.  None in close this morning, at least near where I was.  Unfortunately I wasn't the first person to get down there and not everyone knows, or cares how to move around without disturbing the wildlife.


No comments:

Post a Comment