Sitemeter

Wednesday, July 19, 2017

Creeper surprise....

Still haven't got for a walk at Harrison Bay...hopefully tomorrow if the promised, brief, cooler and maybe damp weather system materializes, but after missing a few great photo opportunities lately, I've decided to start carrying my camera with me at all times....and this morning it paid off when I spotted this....


Brown Creeper in one of the trees at our boat launch....for some reason I never think of them being around this time of the year.

also at the boat launch...


a Song Sparrow....


and a male American Goldfinch....


after lunch all was quiet at the boat launch so just sat for a while...the trail is starting to appear again soon we'll be able to get down onto the grasslands again....


Dragonflies are showing up all over now....this is one of my favorites, an Eight-spot Skimmer.

While we sat there (my dog and I)....


this adult Bald Eagle flew into one of the nearby trees....not used to them being this close this time of the year but then every year is a little bit different.

No comments:

Post a Comment